We think that living on campus is a no-brainer. The list of benefits is a mile long, and growing every day! When you decide to live on campus you are given the opportunity to make life-long friendships, have the best commute to class, share in a learning living space, and so much more. Being more involved in campus activities enhances your college experience, and living on campus puts you in-the-know for all campus activities.
Built in 1995, Melton Hall has a signature curved glass front which floods the lobby area with natural light. Facing historic College Drive and providing close-by resident parking, nearly 145 Gordon residents call Melton home. All housing students are required to have a meal plan and Melton is conveniently located next door to the Dining Hall!
- Interior: White tile floors, white walls, blinds on windows
- Bedroom measurements: 11’6” x 15’6”
- Closet space with shelf
- Dresser drawers
- Internet and cable connections
- Local phone service
- Laundry facilities
- TV lounges and lobby areas
- Keyed entry for the buildings, hallways and rooms
- A/C and heat control
- Window blinds
- Vending areas
- Community bath/showers
- Resident parking (adjacent to the residence hall)
- Lobby computer cubicles/stations
Opened in 2008, Gordon Village offers a unique blend of living accommodations and a bistro/café food service with inside/outside patio dining. Resident students can choose to make their home a one double bedroom one bath, two bedroom one bath, or two bedroom one bath with kitchenette/living room. As with all our on-campus housing, Gordon Village offers all inclusive packages featuring Internet, local phone service, cable, unlimited laundry, study/computer labs, and utilities as well as access to campus amenities such as the gymnasium, indoor pool, walking track, ropes course, and student center lounge.
- Interior: Beige tile with accent colors in green, rust and yellow
- Additional furnishings are available and depend on room type
- Bedroom measurements: Double with bath: 25’ x 12’4” 2 BR with bath: 16’6” x 6’3” 2 BR with bath, kitchen & common living room: 19’11” x 8’9”
- Internet, local phone service, cable TV and utilities (all included in the housing fee!)
- Single or double bedrooms with bed (3/4 extra long twin), desk, chair and closet space for each student
- Free laundry facilities
- Fully equipped study/computer labs
- TV lounges
- Bistro/cafè food service with inside and outside patio dining
- Gordon Village is the only residence hall to offer a variety of living options. With 160 rooms to accommodate 400 students, you can choose one that fits your needs:
- One double bedroom with bath - 40 units
- Two single bedrooms with bath - 80 units
- Two single bedrooms with kitchenette and bath - 80 units
One double bedroom, one bathroom
Two bedroom, one bath
Two bedroom, one bathroom with kitchenette
Opened in 2005, Gordon Commons provides more than 400 students with fully furnished apartments, each with a private bedroom, semi-private bathroom and shared kitchenette and living room. Located in the heart of the Gordon campus, the Commons provides quick access to nearby classroom buildings and campus activities. Apartments sleep two or four students. All housing students are required to have a meal plan.
- Interior: White tile floors with accent colors, white/ beige walls
- Bedroom measurements: 11’0” x 9’4”; windows, 5’2” x 3’5”
- over-sized easy chair
- coffee table and end table
- entertainment console
- free cable package, automatically connected throughout the apartments
- community area phone line
- TV stand
- keyed entry for individual bedrooms
- extra long twin-size bed
- 4-drawer dresser
- computer desk with study chair
- large closet
- free cable and Internet in every bedroom
- wired for a private phone line
- dining table with chairs
- frost-free refrigerator with ice-maker
Two bedroom, one bath
Four bedroom, two bathroom
Want to apply to live in a Residence Hall?
You can apply to live on campus as soon as you have been accepted to Gordon State! We encourage you to apply early so you will have a better chance of getting your first preference in housing styles. Once you have completed the steps below, you will be assigned a room. Apply early as rooms fill up fast!
- Gain acceptance from the Office of Admissions
- Complete the Housing application online through eRezlife
- Submit the $150 application fee
- Complete a criminal history check with the help of our Public Safety Office.
- Complete the set up process to set up a Guarantor through your Gordon email notification. **Remember the Guarantor cannot be the student applying to live in the Residence Halls. The Guarantor can also NOT have a Gordon State email address as students cannot be their own Guarantor.
Tour the Residence Halls
We encourage you to tour campus and while you are here you can also tour the Residence Halls! Register for a walking campus tour today!
Already a Current Gordon State Student?
Click the link below for more Residence Life resources.
For more information, contact the Office of Residence Life at (678) 359-5435.